Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just to Remain me- Profile file on Mac OS X

I have been spending a certain amount of time working on a project that includes Google technologies. Due to the quick release of the GWT library, I constantly have to update the environment variable to which this library is located. Due to the fact that I don't upgrade this path so often, I always forget where the Profile file is located on my Mac. The Profile file in your Unix home directory is a collection of Korn shell commands that are executed whenever you login. So, this file is supposed to be in my home directory, but I've never found it there. On my Mac, the file is located in ~/etc/ directory. If you don't find this file in your home directory, look for it in ~/etc/ directory. You'll probably find it there.

No comments: